All exhibitors and their principles are obligated to agree and accept all Rules & Regulations of the Exhibition.
Highlights of Rules & Regulations
- All promotions outside the contracted stand area are prohibited.
- The use of sound amplifier and excessively loud activities are prohibited.
- Over the Counter cash sales are prohibited.
- Only official freight forwarders are allowed for onsite handling.
- Customs clearing are to be done solely by official freight forwarders.
- Onsite storage for boxes, crates, and valuables are to be arranged by exhibitor.
- Consumer courier services are not recommended.
- Standard Package's power sockets are not to be used for lighting.
- Standard Package modification must be carried out by official contractor only, charges may apply.
- Damage occurred to pavement, carpet and walls incur charges exhibitor and/or contractor.
- Damage occurred to Standard Package equipment incur charges to exhibitor.
- Overtime constructions incur charges.
- All stand designs must be approved by Organiser.
- All outside contractors are subjected to contractor's management fee & damage deposits.
- Photography is prohibited.
- Truss, banners, and balloons incur airspace usage charges.
The Organiser holds all rights to the exhibition ground(s) and has complete authority to interfere, stop and prevent any activity and/or individual deemed unsuitable and settle any dispute may occur at its discretion
Promotion & Sales During Exhibition
- Exhibitors may not place exhibits, equipment, and promoting materials beyond the boundary of their stand.
- Exhibitors' representatives may not distribute material such as brochures and invitations beyond the boundary of their stand i.e. along the aisles or near the entrances/exits.
- Exhibitors may not to place stickers, signs or posters anywhere in the hall other than within their own stand.
- Over the Counter cash sales are prohibited.
- Exhibitors may not place any display material or exhibit, nor extend their stand structures and fittings, beyond their contracted boundary.
*note: the Organiser reserves the right to take appropriate action as deemed necessary to stop such activities.
The use of microphone and sound amplification for presentation is prohibited.
Demonstrations & Working Exhibits
- Moving machinery must be fitted with safety devices when the machines are in operation. These safety devices may be removed only when the machines are disconnected from the power source.
- No motors, engines contrivances or power-driven machinery may be used without adequate protection against risk of fire and safety.
- Working machines must be placed at a relatively safe distance from visitors. Use of safety guards is strongly recommended.
- Working machinery must always remain in the confines of its designated area and operated by qualified personnel only. The machine cannot be left operating on its own without supervision.
- All pressure vessels or equipment under pressure must conform to the safety standards & regulations. Approval of their use is required.
*note: Organiser reserves the right to halt and/or shutdown any equipment should it considers threatening the safety of property and/or individual.
Unless otherwise approved by the Organiser, the venue operator and the relevant government authorities in writing at least one month before the exhibition:
- No naked light, open flame or temporary gas may be used in the exhibition centre. This includes continuous welding work and neon lights.
- No explosives, petrol, dangerous gas or highly inflammable substance will be allowed in the exhibition complex. The organiser must be notified in advance of any display of motor vehicles with fuel tank, petrol-engined equipment.
- Radioactive substances shall not be brought into the exhibition centre.
- Proper transportation and storage of all pressure tanks containing helium, compressed air, argon, carbon dioxide and any other pressurized vessel is required and must conform to all relevant safety standards and regulations.
Licensing & Permits
- Exhibitor must obtain and keep in force all necessary permits and licenses, e.g. copyrights, royalties and trademarks for exhibits, goods, and services.
- Promotional activities may necessitate license and approval from the relevant regulatory authorities.
Smoking is prohibited. Exhibitors, their related agents and associates, and contractors are prohibited to smoke in all indoor areas outside designated smoking areas.
There is no storage space in the exhibition hall. Direct arrangements should be made with your appointed stand contractor and/or freight forwarder. Otherwise, exhibitors must arrange for their empty and non-usable cartons and cases to be transported back to the exhibitor's own premises before the first day of the show.
Floor Loading Capacity
- Exhibition Hall 98 -100 : 1,500 kg per sqm.
- Exhibition Hall 101 -104 : 1,500 - 2,500 kg per sqm.
- Exhibition Hall 105 : 3,000 kg per sqm.
- 101 - 104 Foyer Area : 200 kg per sqm.
For exhibits exceeding floor loading limit, special arrangement for steel base plates must be made with official freight forwarder.
Exhibitor must arrange with official freight forwarder to schedule for heavy and large exhibits within the scheduled - see buildup & teardown schedule.
For safety reasons and to avoid congestion in the exhibition ground, only the official freight forwarders are allowed to operate mechanical handling equipment (e.g. pallet-trucks, fork-lifts, cranes) inside the exhibition hall.
Hanging truss/structure, balloons and banners incur air space usage charges.
Hanging Structure or Banner (i.e.Truss), 5,000 Baht per sqm. (minimum 10 sqm.) will be applied and will be subject to 7% VAT (all materials & production are excluded).
This is applied to all hanging decorations, advertisements, limited to truss and truss-like type. Terms and Conditions for Hanging Structure (truss)
- If the booth has adjoining neighbors, the structure length must be shortened by 1m from that side. And advertisement must not extend beyond contracted stand area on side facing ailes
- All structure(s) require approval from the Organiser & the Venue.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disallow, adjust, and remove any decorations deemed unsuitable and/or unsafe.
- Production and installation not included. Organiser can recommend a supplier.
- The Installation of Hanging Banner must be done by the Official Contactor only. Please contact N.C.C M&D for the service fee.
- A gap between ground structure and hanging structure must be at least 1 m.
In-Hall Helium Balloon air space advertisement, 50,000 Baht, 7% VAT included.
- The balloon must be inside the boundary of the contracted stand at all times
- The price is for advertising space only, production & installations not included
- 2m diameter maximum
- Graphics required approval from the Organiser
- Organiser reserves the right to amend, adjust, and/or decline any decorations deemed unsuitable and/or unsafe
SPACE ONLY (RAW/BARE SPACE)
Space Only (Raw/Bare Space) stand does not include:
Carpet, partitions, electricity for lighting, electricity for machine, furniture, booth cleaning, trash removal
Space Only (Raw/Bare Space) stand is required to have:
Carpet (or flooring), electricity for lighting, booth cleaning, partitions (walls) on the non-open side(s).
Designs & constructions
- Maximum height of all structure, decoration and branding height are of 4.0 metres.
- 1m setback rule: all structure, decorations and branding taller than 2.44 metres must be 1 metre away from the wall of the neighboring stand.
- 1/3 rule: on the side of the stand facing the aisle, the structure must have one-third visibility, clearing from pavement.
- Non open sides must have walls, minimum of 2.44mH
Designs & constructions for Double Storey Stand
- The exhibiting company of the lower level of a particular booth must be the same as that of the upper level.
- The rental rates for the contracted floor area at the upper level shall be 50% that of the lower level.
- Double storey booth will only be allowed provided the minimum contracted floor area for the lower level of the particular booth is 60 square metres and that the minimum length of any dimensions of the area is 6 metres.
- The contracted floor area at the upper level shall not exceed 50% of the contracted floor area at the lower level of the particular booth.
- Any additional cost incurred in extending the build-up/tear-down period will be fully borne by the exhibitor.
- Subject to the ceiling height limitations, all objects exceeding 2.44 metres in height must be placed at a minimum distance of 1 metre from all boundaries adjoining a neighbouring booth.
- The permissible occupant load of the upper floor shall be based on the ratio of one person to 1.5m2. A notice in 25mm plain block letters indicating the limitation of occupant load should be conspicuously positioned at the head of the staircase.
- All booth designs and construction must comply with the guidelines, rules and regulations laid down by the relevant government authorities, as well as both the organiser's and the exhibition hall owner's requirements.
- Stand designs and layout plans must be submitted to the organiser at least 3 months prior to the exhibition. The exhibiting company and their appointed contractor must submit in quadruplicate the detailed drawings (to scale in 1:200) with endorsement from a local qualified engineer together with structural calculations of the proposed stand design.
- Only upon approval from all relevant authorities can the exhibiting company commence work on-site.
- The booth must be constructed in accordance with the approved design and be ready within the build-up period specified by the organiser.
- The exhibiting company shall ensure that the booth is dismantled in a safe, systematic and organised manner; within the specified dismantling period.
- With regards to other issues in general, the rules and regulations stipulated in this Technical Services Manual are still to be complied with.
Booth Lighting Decoration
To avoid both direct glare and/or reflected glare, the exhibitors or their contractors must follow this guideline;
- Lighten within your booth location only.
- It's necessary that the light Intensity of your light fixture must be adjustable if any case, your light shone on others and adjust requested by others.
- Provide the Organiser with the full details of contractor/builder in English. Deadline: 5 weeks before first build-up day.
- Provide the Organiser with the stand design (perspective view & dimensions) for approval, email as attachment to: [email protected]. Deadline: 4 weeks before first build-up day.
Outside Contractor/Builder's Responsibilities;
- Outside contractors must lodge a refundable damage deposit of 1,000 Baht per sqm.
Check deposit made out to Bangkok Exhibition Services Ltd.
- Outside contractors must make a payment for the management fee of 80 Baht per sqm.
Cash or check payment (To be advised)
The deposit and fee must be made right after booth design approval. (before first build-up day).
Stand Design & Contractor Restrictions
- All materials used in the construction and installation of the Exhibition Stand and any other structures must entirely consist of fire-retardant materials as required by prevailing fire safety regulations.
- The prevailing fire safety regulations and building codes of the Exhibition Centre. Fire regulations prohibit the storage of combustible materials in the exhibition hall. Written approval must be obtained from the relevant authorities.
- Permanent false ceilings are not allowed. False ceiling of egg grid and mesh construction of non-combustible materials may be allowed, subjected to the approval.
- No person under any circumstances shall cut into or through any floor covering or wall nor alter any stand service structure except when authorised in writing by the Organiser. Any such damage to stand service structures or Exhibition Premises will be invoiced to the exhibitor and/or exhibitor's stand contractor.
- In adherence to safety requirements, the Organiser reserves the right to 1) mandate stand design and/or decoration amendment(s) and/or 2) suspend the constructions and/or operations at its discretion.
OFFICIAL STAND BUILDER - STANDARD PACKAGES
N.C.C. Image Company Limited
Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre
60 New Rachadapisek Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Fax: (+66 2) 203 4117
Ms. Supranee Chomdee [email protected]
Tel: (+66 2) 203 4165
Mr. Chanamate Prachumpat [email protected]
Tel: (+66 2) 203 4155
- Standard Packages
- Fascia names
- Carpeting inside standard package
OFFICIAL LIGHTINGS & ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR
Exhibition Design & Lighting Co., Ltd.
1326, 1328 Soi Intramara 26, Suthisarnvinichai Rd., Dindaeng, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Tel: (662) 693 9544-8
Fax: (662) 693 9549-50
Email: [email protected]
Contact: Mr. Anulux Rayphech (ext 120), Mr. Klanarong Sihawong (ext. 123)
- Electrical installations & Lightings
- Compressed Air
- Audio & Visual
- Water & Drainage
- Exhaust Smoke & Fumes
- And other technical requirements
380 volts 3 phase±10%
220 volts single phase±10%
Frequency 50 Hz
- All motors must have independent automatic protection against excessive current using one of the following starters:
- Up to 5 HP Direct-on-line
- 5-25 HP Star-Delta
- Above 25 HP Auto transformer
- All electrical installation work at the exhibition must be carried out solely by the official electrical contractor.
- Exhibitors requiring special arrangements (eg different voltages and frequency or special connection to equipment) must notify the Organiser in writing seeking approval and a quotation (if possible) before the deadline
- All electrical equipment must be tested by the Organiser's appointed licensed engineers prior to turning on the electricity supply.
- Air Compressors with motor power more than 0.5 HP are not allowed in the hall. Air compressors with motor capacity more than 0.5 HP are available for rent from Organiser's official contractor.
Power Supply for Exhibits/Machineries
It is crucial that exhibitors provide the electrical contractor with the following details, along with each order for exhibits and/or machines to ensure no electrical disruption occurs during the exhibition:
- The type and quantity of machines to be connected to each 3-phase power supply outlets.
- The number of motors within each machine, and the rating (in horse-power or kilo-watts) of each motor.
- The method of starting of each motor (i.e. using star delta, auto-transformer or any others).
Power Supply for Lightings & Decorations
The 5-Amp electricity sockets are not allowed to be used with lightings of any kind. Consumption surcharge must be ordered to use with lightings & decorations.
- Late orders for power or supplementary lighting cannot be guaranteed.
- For reasons of safety and power load distribution, all electrical work from the source must be carried out by the Organiser's official electrical contractor. If you have prefabricated wiring and fixtures, you may not connect to the source till work has been inspected by the official electrical contractor.
- Exhibits & equipment requiring different voltage or frequency, stabilisers, or special requirements, Exhibitors are to arrange their own provision such as transformers, converters, boosters, stabilisers, Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), etc. to safeguard sensitive exhibits & equipment.
- One socket must be used for one exhibit only at a time. One lighting connection must be used for one light only at a time. Multipoint connection is not allowed to prevent the risk of power overload.
- Exhibitors and those participating in the exhibition must take every reasonable precaution to ensure preventive measures to back up or prevent any damage or loss due to power failure occurring under whatsoever nature or circumstances.
- The Organiser will not themselves be responsible for the safety of articles of any kind brought into the exhibition site by exhibitors, their servants, agents or contractors, members of the public or any person whosoever.
- Exhibitors shall make sure that they are fully covered by insurance including, but not restricted to, all risks on their property, exhibits or articles of any kind, public liability and comprehensive protection against any loss or damage caused by any circumstance whatsoever whether by reason of fire, water, theft, accident or any other cause.
- The period of liability of the exhibitor shall be deemed to run from the time the exhibitor or any of his servants, agents or contractors first enter the exhibition site, and to continue until all his exhibits and property have been removed.
- The exhibitors shall insure, indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless in respect of all costs, claims, demands and expenses to which the Organiser may in any way be subject as a result of any loss or injury arising to any person (including members of the public or the Organiser's staff, agents or contractors) however caused as a result or any act or default of the exhibitor, his servants, agents or contractors or invitees.
- If the Organiser demands, the exhibitor shall provide proof to the Organiser that the exhibitor had adequate insurance cover.
- The Organiser shall not in any event be held responsible for any restriction or condition which prevents the construction, erection, completion, alteration or dismantling of stands, or for the entry, sitting or removal of exhibits, or for the failure of any services or amenities provided by the hall landlord, for the cancellation or part-time opening of the exhibition either as a whole or in part, or for amendments or alterations to all or any of the rules and regulations caused by circumstances not under their control.
- Exhibitors must ensure that their temporary staff and the staff of their servants, agents or contractors are insured against claims for workman's compensation.