ProPak Asia’s Commitment to sustainability
We know sustainability is increasingly important to our participants and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running ProPak Asia gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impacts socially, environmentally and economically in our host country. We want to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our markets improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
The theme of ProPak Asia 2020 is aimed to focus on sustainability and digitalization of the business related to processing activities and packaging industry covering various sectors. With the pandemic situation across the world and still on-going cases in many of ASEAN countries. We also have live event together with virtual exhibition which offered to exhibitors. Also, for those who cannot travel we also offered the options of Hybrid pavilion.
We as organizer has seen the growing of interest in sustainability from our visitors, exhibitors, partners, sponsors, supporters as well as to our market which motivate us to grow our sustainable effort and showcase our activities in show floor.
OUR THREE AIMS:
We want ProPak Asia to help in inspiring sustainable development
- Providing content that enable sustainable development
- Sharing best practices with our stakeholders
- Developing market relevant partnership
- Inspiring our exhibitors, visitors and partners to deliver sustainable event
- The ProPak Asia Conference provides insight, in-depth research, market study on the different aspects.
- Free to attend features namely, Sustainability Square is an interactive Zone that visitors, exhibitors can learn more about sustainability
- Free to attend "SME theatres", to help shape SME business.
- Provide consultation stage for giving the guidelines on how to develop sustainable packaging
- Free to attend "Sustainability Square” to share our vision to bring more understand on how we can be part of sustainability development and also encourage the more thinking of stakeholder in individual level to think out about sustainability and extended on sharing commitment on the organizational level
- Promote the charity partners, NGOs on sustainability Project at the show floor under "KIND THAILAND”
- Innovation stage displays the most recent packaging trend
- SME pavilion provides the consultation on markets, guideline and how to develop products to market.
We want to ensure we run ProPak Asia in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner
- Working towards zero carbon emission and zero waste by 2025
- Reducing our events carbon emission
- Checking the sustainability credentials of the items we source for the event
- Working with venue and contractors to maximize on the focus of sustainability to exhibitors and visitors.
- Working towards provide slight changes and educate the stake holders by using digitalization to replace printed material especially on the marketing and operational parts.
- Adopt of using signage by putting on digital screen
- Collaborate with venue to provide the sustainable and energy saving items.
- Collaborate with catering service to use biodegradable packaging, and copromote the refilling of water offering special price for those who bring in refilled bottle
- Collaborate with Venue to focus on the waste management, providing the separated waste bins around the hall
- Promote activities of "Sustainable Stand design awards"
- Our event bags, bottle for refilling drinking water are made from a recycled material and can reuse
- Adopt the digital into registration process to avoid using paper badges. Go Paperless, no need to print your badge this time.
We want to consider how we run ProPak Asia in Socially responsible manner
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Create Positive impact on our host country
- Measuring our impacts
- Creating a virtual platform that can be accessed from anywhere in the world for both exhibitions, conference and business matching.
- Providing valuable content on digital platform which can be viewed at different time zone
- Working with partner in various industry such as F&B, Pharma, FMCG, Packaging, Cosmetics, and research development to drive the content and working partnership in different aspects for different level of business community.
- Expand business idea and platform to cover SME, Start Up level
- Partnering with Government to do the development plan to improve creativity for entrepreneur and also to university student level
Would you like to work with us on the sustainability of our event? Would you like to share your own story and efforts? Got an idea? Contact the event team or reach out to Informa's Sustainability team for more information at email [email protected] and more information can be found here here: https://informa.com/sustainability/
New Highlight : Sustainability Square in ProPak Asia 2021
Sustainability Square is an interactive Zone that visitors, exhibitors can learn more about sustainability within the packaging industry and extended the processing sectors covering on Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics and FMCG business.
Food, Beverage, Cosmetics, pharmaceutical and FMCG trends are driving the standards of products and packaging standard across the sectors and sustainability becomes a key focus which consumers’ demand drive the producers to focus on and in some territory is even non-negotiable. We hope the “Sustainability Square” features will create ideas, initiatives and the synergies for the sustainable future together. What are new at Sustainability Square in ProPak Asia 2021ห
- Learn more about SDGs - Sustainable Development Goals Corner. How we can be part of SDGs at our organizations? And Test your knowledge with flipping chart.
- Sharing to other what are your goals and how you think you can be part of sustainability development. You can post on our Commitment Board
- Learn more about ProPak Asia Sustainable framework, how we commit to the industry as making the event sustainable event.
- Learn more about our Charity partner and how you can make a real difference which we bring all CSR in projects in the "KIND Thailand" Pavilion on the same show floor of ProPak Asia
- Ditch the plastic bag and plastic bottles, Find Water filling stations and recycle bags in this and other feature across show floor. You can redeem our special sustainable concept souvenir at Redemption Counter
- Discover more of market data and the latest trends and insights related to sustainability within processing and packaging industry of various sectors